Sunday 24 February 2013

Filming on Sunday 24th February

 On Sunday 24th February I decided to film both my sponsorship sequence and advert number 1. I printed off my new labels, and placed these around the water bottles, sticking the ends together with strong glue in order for them to stay together and to the bottle. I then got the four different colours, deciding on green, blue, red and yellow. However, as I put the yellow in, the water turned out more orange and therefore during my speech over I may have to say Orange instead of Yellow. I put the food colouring in the water and then added normal water in order to dilute the colour to how I wanted it. I wanted to make sure that the water was all up to the same level in the bottle, as I didn't want it to look odd and was as precise as possible within these. I started with the sponsorship sequence.

Sponsorship Sequence

 To start filming my sponsorship, I got two large pieces of white card and set them up in my Kitchen so that I was able to have just a plain white background which wasn't distracting. I wanted the water to be the dominant figure and therefore didn't want anything else distracting in the image.
 I started with the camera in front of the water directly on it. I placed the coloured water on the 'X' which I had drawn on the card in order to make sure that all the water was in the right place. I then filmed it and also zoomed into the label in order to make sure that I had a close up in case I needed it. I then switched the water three more times in order to get the same shots as the first, but with all the different coloured water.
 I then took the water from a diagonal angle, again working around the 'X' on the paper. I decided to do this because I wanted shot variety and I wanted to see what it looked like from a different angle. I started with one bottle, then left the camera on a continuous recording ongoing and changed the water every few seconds. I thought that this would perhaps help me to have more precise shots. I then decided that I would film from an angle that was at the front, but to the side. I did this because I wanted to be able to see all the water bottles. I started with the Green water, and then placed each water in front at different intervals and pushed the original bottle backwards. This helped me to see a variety of different angles of the water as well as what they looked like all together.
 When I am able to put these on a computer I will see what they look like, seeing if I need to do anymore reshoots.

Advert 1

To start of Advert One, I placed all the water in my fridge. At first, I placed it in the fridge door as I wanted to be able to film from different angles. The water in the fridge door worked, except for having the bottom of the water bottle slightly blurry from the plastic holding the water in. I then decided to move it to a shelf in my fridge, however it would only fit on the top shelf so I found myself having to set my camera and tripod onto a counter-top in my kitchen. This meant that it was quite difficult to see what was the angle of the camera, and perhaps made it a little unstable.
 After filming the bottles on the top shelf, I attempted to open and close the fridge in order to get the best shot of the fridge opening and seeing the water for the first time. I got my mother to do this for me as well as myself, as I didn't really want a person in the shots, just a hand. I felt that this worked well, but I will have to see when I get the footage onto a computer.
 I then changed the position of the camera from across the room, in order to see the water on the top shelf and a clear view of the fridge. I decided to take each of the waters out of the fridge, then place them back in, taking another colour a few seconds later. I did this because I wanted a clip of the water being taken out of the fridge. However, I'm not sure that this will work for the purpose of my advert, meaning that I may have to rethink this through.
 After getting these shots, I decided to put the camera in the fridge so that I would have a clip of the fridge light shutting off. I wanted this so that if i wanted to transition the water from the fridge to the lunchbox I would be able to do this.
 I then decided to set the camera up at a high angle, with the lunchbox underneath it. Before I turned the camera on to record, I got the items that I was going to put in the lunchbox. These included: A box of chopped tomatoes which I wrapped in Tin Foil to look like Sandwiches, A carrot, An apple and a kitkat with the wrapper taken off in order to hide any sense of product advertising and copyrighted items. I then decided to film, and I put the 'sandwich' in first. I then left the camera filming and after a few seconds put the other products in with 5 second intervals in between them. When it got to placing the water in, I tried to do it so that the lunchbox didn't move. I feel that I may have achieved this and will be looking into it carefully when I put the footage onto the computer.
 I also did a high angle shot of just the water in the lunch box. I placed another colour in the lunchbox next to it in order to do a switching kind of advert. This meant that I just switched all the colours around and this looked good.
 I then moved the camera to a face on shot of the lunchbox. I did this so you could see the handle, as well as the fact that I wanted a different angle of the lunchbox. I did exactly the same as I had with the high angle shots, with the 'sandwich' first, replaced by all the products one by one.

After both of these, I decided to stand the water up in the lunchbox and do a switching of the water within the lunchbox. I did this because I felt that maybe it would give me inspiration for another type of advert, such as using this in my sponsorship sequence.
I will be able to upload my footage onto a computer on Monday 25th February and therefore hope that it has worked as well as I would like it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment