Friday 15 February 2013

Additional codes and conventions of a radio advert!

Back in November, I looked at the codes and conventions of a radio advert. I am now working towards my radio advert and therefore decided that I wanted to make sure that I had all the codes and conventions and could find these easily. On the video that was uploaded, I found different codes and conventions that would be useful to me, and this therefore makes me want to write out the most important codes and conventions which would help me to record my radio advert.
 Advertising is:
- A way of promoting products, services or information
 - A form of communication between manufacturer and consumer

 An advert is produced to:
 -persuade a certain group/type of people to buy a product. Persuasive language is used to entice the audience.
 -4 types: humorous, surreal, dramatic and realist

Codes and Conventions:
 - A radio advert can range between 15 - 60 seconds. Normally 40 seconds.
 - Will tell you the qualities of the products
 - often contains a music bed or jingle in order for the advert to stay in your head
 - voice-over often contains a woman's voice
 - Will contain the slogan of the product
 - Language will be tailored to demographic
 - The mode of address will be directly to the audience
 - Music is rarely copyrighted
- The voiceover will be upbeat and lively to attract attention and typically uses an english accent and will speak very clearly.
 - Will be information dense
 - has a heavy use of persuasive languages. i.e, repetition, alliteration, three part lists and superlatives - will often contain usp's and exclusive offers

This information will therefore help me to create my radio advert.

No comments:

Post a Comment