Wednesday 31 October 2012

Previous Students Work

Serena Moriarty (2012)

This first advert is from a student in year 13 last year. It is a high quality advertisement which uses animation throughout. This is effective because you can follow the story line more easily, suggesting that they can see more of the advert. There is also slow music which is connecting well with the advert  because it talks about going over the river and the bridge which is what can be shown on the screen. Everything works well and edits together, showing that Serena has put a lot of thought into her advert and made sure that everything can fit together to flow. The range of different shots shows different point of views in the advert. You can see from the front, back and side views and makes sure that you don't miss anything. I feel that she has done this in order to let the audience see more of the product, which is not normally advertised on television. I feel that it is the right length for a advert, meaning that the audience wouldn't lose interest if they saw it between their programmes. 
I feel that Serena has put many small details in, such as creating trees, a road, cars and houses, as well as moving water, in order for everything to work well. I would give this advert pretty much full marks because I feel that it flows well and I can see it being on the television. 

Haydn Morgans (2011)

This is an advert from the 2011 class. I feel that it is to short for an advert, and therefore I feel that Haydn has not shown her full potentials. When I first saw the advert, I was unsure of what it was for. This is something that I want to establish from the beginning of my advert, so people know exactly what the product is. 
I feel that Haydn has tried to use animation, but I don't think it flows as well as Serena's. I feel that the opening shot is in fact the only shot that we see, therefore not experimenting with different shot varieties such as long shot or medium shot. I feel that they have tried to create something that will enable the audience to keep interested, but i'm not sure that it has been done well. 
There is no music, which I feel would have made the advert much better. 
I don't think that this would have scored full marks, nor can I see that it would be good for the TV. After researching the blog, I realized that Haydn changed the brief that he was trying to do, which means that the research had lacked in the Advertising area.

Brogan Wiggins (2012)

This last advertisement is from Brogan Wiggins in the 2012 class. I feel that it fits the conventional advertising time limit and doesn't breach that.
The establishing shot clearly shows that it is a car which is being advertised, which is good because it enables the audience to then see if they want to carry on listening. It shows the different features of a car, such as the close up of the wheels, a long shot of the car driving out of the drive. This enables the audience to connect with all parts of the car. This is something I will be working on, creating an establishing shot which everyone will be able to see what my product is. 
There is no music, but there is a voice superimposed over the top of the advertisement. 
I think that this works well and I therefore think that Brogan has managed to produce quite a high level piece of work. 

By looking at these other students work, I have been able to see what I want to produce compared to what these other people have produced. I therefore think that I have a clearer idea of what I should do compared to what I shouldn't. 

No comments:

Post a Comment