Monday 8 October 2012

Brainstorms

I have done some brainstorms on packaging, unique selling point and slogan. This was so that I am able to see how I'm going to market my brand. 




My first brainstorm was about the packaging. I realized that I wanted to package my product in something that would be good for children. This is because older people decide that they dont want coloured water, but it may be a good idea for children to be targetted. Therefore, I have decided to create a child friendly bottle, a bottle which would be easy to pick up to take to school and the label which looks fun and makes the water look like something that they would want to drink. My label need to:
  • Be 'child friendly' - no confusing or large words, bright colours, easy to read
  • Have a barcode - Making it look real
  • Have a large slogan written on the top or across the middle so that it is easily seen and people can remember from the advert what the product is for.
  • Have large writing to catch the eye of the audience
  • The background can be the colourful water.
  • Wrapper must wrap fully around the bottle
  • be bright and colourful, have a colour of the product or rainbow coloured
I am hoping that I will be able to achieve this in the build up to creating my coloured water product.




I was also brainstorming what kind of slogans I could have for my water. I found that it was important to have some that would catch the attention of Children, and that was catchy and would be remembered by everyone. This will need to be accompanied by a fun catchy song in which children would also remember. I came up with a list of which I can chose from and these were:

  • Not Just Water
  • Its Cooler than water
  • Lifes Better With Colours
  • Make Your Life More Healthy
  • Choose Colours
  • See Life in Colour
  • Fun, Healthy and Cool
  • The Red One, Yellow One, Green One and Blue One - Although I like this one and would be able to link it in, It is important to me to think of something more original and perhaps less well known. I feel that this is way to similar - or almost identical - to that of 'Innocent Smoothie' and therefore will not chose to use this when I am creating a slogan for my product. Had I chosen this, I would have placed the 'red' 'yellow' 'green' and 'blue' in those colours, making them stand out within the slogan.
  • Just Water
  • Just Water, but better, cooler and coloured
When I decide a name for my product, I want to make sure that I can incorporate and link it to my water product because this is important to me. I want to make sure that the Slogan is something that you will be able to remember easily, and something which appeals to children, which suggests to use simple, fun words which dont mean much - such as not using 'Healthy' because children dont want to drink something that is claimed to be 'healthy'.



I also brainstormed the Unique Selling Point of my coloured water. This could be a group of different things, but I need to try and get my coloured water to compete with other water products, as well as trying to appeal to the market in which I am trying to achieve. I brainstormed all the points in which would help to make my product unique and different to others:
  • No artificial Colouring - All Natural and Made from fruit colours
  • Healthy
  • Low Calories
  • Cheap - Less than £1 in order to compete with normal water
  • No sugar - not loads if any
  • No E-Numbers
I want my product in order to replace normal water for children. This is important to me because I feel this would be a way for adults to get children to drink more water.

So, in all of my brainstorms I made sure to be able to link it to my target audience, which is Children. This then suggests that I should have my product to 'Sponsor' a Childrens TV programme because that is the audience in which I am aiming to target.

No comments:

Post a Comment