Wednesday 5 September 2012

Chewing Gum Adverts

As I researched some products, I decided to first look at Chewing Gum. I found it fairly difficult to find an advert for such an every day product in which many people buy. Although it is used around the world, I found that it is not really advertised for.

Firstly, I found this Advert for Mentos Gum from a Asia.


This advert relies heavily on animation, as it is clear that nothing like this would actually be made out of chewing gum. There is no accompanying music, however there is sounds of the two males 'chewing'. I think that this chewing gum advert is effective, but not as effective as it could have been.

The second advert I came across was one for 'Wrigley 5 Gum: Cobalt' from the USA.


This advert goes through the sense that you get as your chewing the gum, and explains the feeling that you get. Its quite mysterious, using dark colours and mysterious sounds. It shows a roller coaster like machine accelerating the character through a tunnel. It does not include music, much like the other asian chewing gum advert. This advert is more effective than the previous.

This is the new '5 Gum - Cobalt' advert from 2011.


This advert relies heavily on animation, much like the first. Some of the comments upon this advert show that it is not effective, however I believe that its good at getting across the message. On the other hand, you never see the chewing gum, which means that the advert doesn't show what it is if you hadn't heard the beginning of the advert. I believe that this advert is quite effective, and again doesnt include music but more sound effects.


No comments:

Post a Comment