Monday 28 January 2013

Idea 1 Animatic


Idea one can all be filmed within the kitchen in my house and doesn't require any actors except for a hand, which could be mine. I wanted to do this so that I didn't have to rely on other people because I wanted to be able to get filming done as soon as I could. I made sure to make it a child's lunchbox so that you could tell that it is the mother packing the lunchbox. I also wanted to make sure that you could tell that the parents want to get the child to drink the water and therefore the adults watching the advert could relate to it. It is a very simple set up, because all i need is the fridge and then the close up of the lunchbox. This therefore makes it quite simple to recreate and film. I have made it so that there is a black switch so that as the fridge closes, the lunchbox is opened. This therefore makes it an easy transition from the fridge to the lunchbox. I have used the song Icing By Charity Vance (http://www.charityvance.net) - as I felt that this was upbeat and happy and made my product sound like a summery thing, the music would sound like the water will make you happy. This is therefore why I used this upbeat, happy piece of music. I am hoping that this will be the first advert I create.

3 comments:

  1. Camera - While there is an appropriate range of distances/angles, I get limited sense of movement. Will all of the shots be still/shot using a tripod. Will there be any sense of POV within the ad?

    Mise-En-Scene - Your chosen MES seems appropriate given the product and the focus on colour should be effective.

    Editing - I think you need to stick to cuts throughout - most ads do.

    Sound - The voice over needs work - it does not quite ring true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Furthermore, there needs to be a closer relationship between the voice over and the onscreen visuals. When you say AquaBlast for the first time it should be on screen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your feedback!

    Camera: I can see why there is limited movement. I guess I need to rethink some of my shots. While there will be a bit of movement (opening the fridge, moving the fridge, grabbing the water, closing the fridge, opening the lunchbox, grabbing the lunchbox) most things are in the same place and I could try and adapt things so that more movement is made. On the other hand, Maybe its the way I've drawn it that makes it seem like there is limited movement. I want to make sure that the water is the most dominant feature within the advert.

    Mise-En-Scene: I feel that for this advert this is the best place for my product and therefore have chosen this, I am glad you agree.

    Editing: okay! I feel that this is the best thing anyway as it means it will be easier for me to put my advert together.

    Sound: Do you mean the speech, or the way i say it? If its the speech, I can edit it so that it sounds different and then re-record it. If its the way I say it, then I will be finding someone else who is able to sound more enthusiastic and promising within my advert. I also have not placed it in the best place and I know this, perhaps I am able to have the aqua-blast water bottle in the shot as I say Aqua-Blast. I will try to do this as I also feel that it will be the best thing for my advert.

    ReplyDelete